Busting Feeding Frenzy
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Busting Feeding Frenzy

Having grown up without an older sister, I am fascinated by Candace’s obsession with busting her little brothers. Her ‘busting feeding frenzied’ dance here is because she thinks she’s finally going to bust her bothers – and that too in front of both her dad and mom.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is... I’d love to hear more real-life episodes on this ‘older-sister-out-to-bust the-little –brother(s)- and-the- little brother-surviving-this-busting-frenzy’ theme from the younger-bothers and older sisters here. I don’t want to name names but I’d love to hear from the Nimmys, the Sudha Ks, the Srirams, the Marks and the Chinchus among others. Oops, did I already name some names? Sorry.

Anyhoo, the first instinct of the older sisters would be to respond with ‘You’re crazy. I was nothing like that. I had a life instead of trying to bust my brother’ and the younger brothers like ‘Oh Candace is an angel compared to what I had to put up with my sis.’ But hold that instinct. It’s not such general stuff, I want. Specifically, what I want... are the specifics. The details. ‘For what?’ you ask. ‘So that you can cook up some story?’ Exactly. And I promise that I won’t use your real names and will acknowledge your contribution in handing me such goodies. In short, people, give me something to work with…

On the other hand, (as part of my devious carrot-and stick policy) , the stick would be that if you don’t give me the good stuff, I will cook something really obnoxious and put your real names to the characters. How about that? Pretty diabolical huh?:-) So here’s awaiting ‘the stuff’ via my email

[For those not in tune with the series Phineas and Ferb, the brothers Phineas and Freb are always building some wild ginormous contraptions in their backyard and Candace their sister is always trying to bust them before their mother. But in each episode by the time she brings her mother over, the contraption always disappears ( most often, destroyed accidentally by the doohickey that the other ‘inventor’ in the episode – Dr Doofenschimrtz of Evil Inc. had built)
So she never succeeds in her busting attempts. In this episode, Doofenschimrtz’s robot falls in their frontyard ( and no one knows what it does). And while their mother runs over to bring their father – who’s in the middle of a presentation, Phineas and Ferb reverse-engineer the thingy in their backyard. It turns out to be an anti-romantic robot. When her mother is gone (to bring their father), Candaceis on the phone with her friend Stacey doing this Busting feeding frenzied dance but doesn’t realize that behind her, P & F’s robot has flown away with the thing that was in their frontyard ( oh, the irony of an anti-romantic robot eloping with its mate!)… Oh, well, as Doofenschmitz would have said, I’m probably overexplaining it here…]
 
posted by Kripa Nidhi at 6:52 PM | Permalink


0 Comments: